I love spam. Not the stuff that plagues my work email account. Actual spam. Check out all of these recipes on the official Spam website!
The Philly-Dilly SPAM Sandwich looks incredible!
Philly-Dilly SPAM® Sandwich.
Sure, the name Philly-Dilly sounds silly, but one bite and you’ll realize this sandwich makes the Philly cheesesteak look silly. It’ll also prove to you that this Philly-Dilly was definitely not put together in a willy-nilly fashion.
- 1 340g can SPAM® Chopped Pork & Ham
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2?1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 slim French bread loaves
- 4 slices mild cheddar cheese
- 3 slices smoked applewood cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared dill veggie dip
- 1Cut bell peppers and onions into thin slices. Sauté in a large, non-stick frying pan with 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat, until peppers and onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
- While peppers and onions cook, shave off very thin, non-uniform slices of SPAM® with a sharp knife. Remove pepper and onion mixture from frying pan. Set aside and cover.
- Return same frying pan to medium-high heat and add SPAM® slices in an even layer. Add Worcestershire directly on top of the SPAM®, covering each piece. Cover generously with black pepper. Let cook 4 minutes, then stir and flip the SPAM® and allow to cook for about 5 more minutes, until SPAM® is heated through and slightly crisp.
- Slice bread loaves most of the way through and toast in separate frying pan with remaining butter. While bread is toasting, return pepper and onion mixture to frying pan with the SPAM®. Mix together well, and then spread into an even layer. Place cheese slices evenly on top of the SPAM® mixture and reduce to medium heat. Once the cheese is melted, remove pan from heat and stir the mixture with a spatula to incorporate the cheese into the entire mixture.
- Place toasted bread loaves onto serving dish. Spread a very thin layer of the dill dip onto the top halves. Scoop sandwich filling onto bottom halves of bread and close. Slice into desired serving sizes and serve immediately.