During the summer I was inspired by JaysBrickBlog to collect all of the Lego collectible minifigures where the characters wear animal costumes.
I began to collect just a few figures each month. I already had a giraffe and knew I had the chicken suit guy somewhere. I then discovered I had the shark guy too. That gave me a good start.
Finding the figures in the shops can be tricky unless you have a feel guide. So eBay is often your best bet so that you can get the exact figures you want. More recently released figures typically cost anything between £4 and £6. Some of these figures go way back to the very first few sets and cost more.
The most valuable figure was the Bumblebee Suite Lady. She is the most rare of them all and it cost £24. Good grief. But my collection would have been useless without it.
Jay’s collection only counted 18 figures but I have also counted the bear suite guy in Series 19 – if unicorns count then so do colourful bears.
The figures included are:
- Colourful bear suit guy- a brilliant figure – excellent colours and design. The multicoloured legs are awesome.
- Gorilla suit guy – an excellent figure – worth quite a bit too. The mould is excellent and I love the banana that goes with it.
- Chicken suit guy – a classic. It’s brilliant!
- Giraffe suit guy – at one point I had four of these. It’s such a good figire!
- Blue unicorn guy – I prefer it to the white unicorn but that’s probably due to the sword and shield that comes with it.
- Bumblebee lady – Why this is so rare, I don’t know. It’s nice but I am unsure why it is so valuable.
- Dragon suite guy – What a figure! Again, strictly not an actual animal, but I’m counting it.
- Penguin suit boy – Way cute. It’s hard to display as it’s so small.
- Panda suit guy – This includes a panda teddy! It’s perfect!
- Crocodile guy – This one doesn’t really stand out when displayed with all the others. On its own and you see the detail on the back of the suit.
- White unicorn lady – A bit plain, but I like the blue hands.
- Elephant ballerina suit lady – Absolutely brilliant! I love the face expression due to the mouse!
- Rabbit guy – A fantastic figure. I love the mould of the headpiece.
- Fox suit guy – Another classic. I love the way it includes a chicken and a bag of grain!
- Spider suit guy – An effective figure, but probably my least favourite of the set.
- Pig suit guy – Another excellent figure – I love the detail on the headpiece.
- Cat suit lady – Another one I’m not fond of. It’s fine but it doesn’t stand out.
- Tiger suit lady – Another one that doesn’t stand out as particularly special. It was quite expensive, from what I remember.
- Shark suit guy – This one is so cute – the headpiece is excellent and I love the fins!
There’s a space on the front row of my display ready for the next figure to add to the collection!
UPDATE: FEB 2020